Zoysia Brown Patch is a prevalent, harmful fungus that can really ruin the beauty and health of your lawn. AELMI can provide fungicides that are almost always applied on a curative basis for controlling this unwanted visitor. Both contact and penetrant fungicides are effective in controlling this disease, and your lawn care expert from Alternative Environments can treat your yard with these helpful deterrents. Please call our team of experts at 678-840-4449 to get the latest specials in pricing, and see the current availability and viability of Zoysia Brown Patch treatment programs. We’ve included some very helpful tips, advice, and information for you below. We can’t wait to help your lawn!
- Zoysia Brown Patch (ZBP) starts out as small circular brown areas that are several inches in diameter, but will very quickly increase in size.
- Zoysia Brown Patch usually begins its stranglehold on your lawn when local night time temperatures reach 68 degrees or higher. It can really spread in regions or areas where the turf stays moist and damp from higher humidity. The advent of afternoon or late-night showers can also foster a prime attacking environment by ZBP on your lawn.
- ZBP will happily infest yards with varying degrees of fertility (green). It is not picky.
- Zoysia Brown Patch areas often grow together like a reverse Pangea, quickly forming irregular patches of brown, blighted grass, sometimes 20 feet or more in diameter.
- The most severe cases of ZBP occur on turf that is receiving closely-spaced summer irrigation. This nuisance of a disease may also occur on non-irrigated turf when humidity is high from prolonged, muggy weather.
- The damage to individual grass plants by this fungus is usually confined to the foliage. Leaves and leaf sheaths of grass are attacked Zoysia Brown Patch. They first become water-soaked, then wilt, and eventually turn brown.
- You can stop the spread of Zoysia Brown Patch fungus in your lawn today. Call an expert from AELMI, and be one step closer to the beautiful, luscious lawn you’ve always dreamed of.